Thursday, May 22, 2008

MORE ANIMAL SIGHTINGS- May, 2008

The day after I got home from Nebraska, I saw a moose at the bottom of our hill in our neighborhood. I did not have my camera, so I called Doug and he came and got some good pictures. I ALWAYS carry my camera, except when a wonderful opportunity like this happens!










We went for a drive on Lazy Mountain which is across the Matanuska River from Palmer. We went to several greenhouses to see what they had to offer. They had some gorgeous plants, but it is still a little early to put them out. It had been 28* at one green house on the night before we got there. We saw several moose. Two of them were right beside the road.

As we came on the Old Glenn Highway to go home, we saw a porcupine right beside the road. He was not cooperative enough to turn around so I could get a picture of his "good side". And I wasn't brave (or dumb) enough to go around to the front to get his pictures.




He tired of the attention soon enough and toddled off toward the trees. He stopped along the way and sat up and pulled down a small tree and munched on it before heading into the trees.


Porcupine Movie