Friday, May 23, 2008

Thinking Spring - May, 2008

We are trying to "think spring". Doug planted about 100 flowers in our berm. He also planted several patio pots and we bought a couple of hanging baskets for our porch. Hopefully, I can send you pictures soon of them all bursting with blooms! Flowers here seem to be so vibrant and colorful. It does not get so horridly hot and of, course, all that daylight doesn't hurt either.





(NOTE: As I write this, it is 10:50 PM. I am gazing out the window of my computer room at a beautiful sunset. The horizon is a beautiful yellow and pink sunset and the clouds are a pink and lavender color. It gets light here at about 5:00 in the morning. Our bed faces the sunrise, so we have to make sure to shut the blinds before we go to bed if we do not want to wake up at 5:00 AM with the sun in our faces.)


I took these pictures at 11:15 PM with no flash. Each day will have even
more sunlight. Our longest day is June 21.