Tuesday, July 17, 2007


June 21 - I arrived in Anchorage. Doug took me to a local gift shop. The reason he took me was to show me the two-story tall chocolate fountain. It has 3400 pounds of chocolate running through it. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture of it. Someday we'll return and I'll get a picture of it to post.
After the "chocolate" fix, we went to Flat Top Mountain, just outside of Anchorage. We hiked part of the way up the mountain and just sat and enjoyed the view. It was a gorgeous day and as we looked down, we could see the entire city of Anchorage. We could see the airport and we were looking down on the jets taking off. We also could see Cook Inlet and were actually looking down on some clouds between us and the inlet. It was such a gentle climb that we didn't realize that we were so high. And we didn't even hike to the very top!